World Hot Dog Day by HOVIMA Hotels
Today, April 24, is the World HotDog Day and we want to celebrate it. Our chefs have made few „HotDog“ proposal.
Are you ready to do it?
LA PINTA HOT DOG
- 4 Wiener or Frankfurt-type sausages
- 4 Seed breads
- 4 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 1 jalapeño cut into brunoise
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- ½ cabbage
- 3 tablespoons of salt (not unrefined)
- 10ml of dry white wine
- crunchy onion
- 4 bacon slices
CUT THE ONION IN BRONOISE, PUT IT IN A POT WITHOUT ANYTHING, ON A SMOOTH FIRE, SO THAT IT EASILY RELEASES ITS JUICES AND WHEN IT BEGINS TO GET COLOR, PUT A LITTLE BIT OF BROWN SUGAR AND CARAMEL.
IN A BOLL MIX MOSTARD OF DIJON, MAYONNAISE AND JALAPEÑO PEPPER.
CUT THE CABBAGE IN MANDOLINE AS FINE AS POSSIBLE, PUT IT IN A BOLL, ADD 1 SALT (WHICH IS NOT REFINED). LEAVE 10 MINUTES TO REST THE CABBAGE LOOSE WATER. COMPRESS THE CABBAGE WITH HANDS UNTIL IT REMAINS IN HALF OF ITS INITIAL VOLUME. PLACE THE CABBAGE IN A JAR AND ADD THE LIQUID THAT IT HAS RELEASED WHEN COMPRESSING THE CABBAGE, ALSO ADD THE WHITE WINE AND CLOSE THE JAR. LEAVE FERMENT FOR 4 WEEKS
PLACE THE BACON SLICES IN AN OVEN TRAY WITH SULFURIATED PAPER AND COOK AT 150º FOR 30 MINUTES, UNTIL IT IS CRUNCHY, CRUSH AND MAKE A POWDER.
ASSEMBLING THE HOT DOG
HEAT THE BREAD AND SAUSAGE IN A GRILL OR PAN. ONCE THIS HEATS UP WE START MOUNTING THE BREAD, THE SAUSAGE, COL CHUCRUT, ONION CONFIT, SPICY MUSTARD IN ZIGZAGA AND LAST PUTTING CRUNCHY ONION WITH BACON. FRENCH FRIES CRUNCHY.
CANARIAN HOT DOG
- Cut the bread open across the top and put semi-cured grated cheese inside it. Heat the oven and bake it until the cheese is melted. Bake the sausage onto the same baking tray.
- Sautée the onions and peppers together in a pan, season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut the canarian potatoes in slices quite thin in the length and fry the potato chips until golden and crispy. As a side dish fry some of the same potatoes cut into wedges.
- Pour olive oil over a very hot griddle, add the mushrooms and brown them on both sides. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add a few slices of garlic (after turning it over the first time to prevent it from burning)
- Once the cheese is melted into the bread roll, put the sausage inside it, brush green “mojo” over, add the sautéed onions and peppers and finally topped it with potato chips to give it a crispy touch.
- Serve it with the fries as a side dish, accompanied by green and red “mojo” sauce, if you like.
HOT DOG „STREET FOOD“ STYLE
- Peel the potato, cut into sticks and fry in oil at 180 degrees with a whole clove of garlic in the oil to flavor.
- Wrap the sausage in bacon slices, and cook in the oven for 8 minutes approx. heat the bread spread with mustard.
- Beat 1 egg and in a small frying pan cook with olive oil in the form of an omelette, season and reserve.
- Brown the corn in a very hot frying pan and let cool, then mix with the onion and the very small cut peppers. Align with salt, pepper, vinegar and oil.
- Assemble the puppy placing the egg on the base of the bread, then the sausage (spread again with mustard), the onion and pepper vinaigrette and finally the corn nachos to give it its crispy touch.
- Serve with the crispy, well browned potatoes.